The best cosmetic dental options for a gorgeous smile
Posted by Dr. Joey Salaveria on Aug 2 2019, 01:18 AM
Have you ever admired someone’s beautiful smile and wished yours was just as good? We all know the importance of a pleasing smile in our lives. It makes us feel more confident and allows us to interact with people in a better way. Also, our overall appearance gets a massive enhancement with a gorgeous smile. But, are all of us lucky enough to have a naturally beautiful smile?
The answer is an obvious no. As much as we’d like to keep our facial appearance as pleasing as possible, oral issues, sometimes, get the better of us. Some of the common ones are teeth discoloration, misshapen or chipped teeth, damaged teeth, malocclusion, gum diseases, disproportionate growth of the jaws, etc. They can leave a nasty appearance on the aesthetics of the smile, making us feel too conscious of ourselves when we socialize.
What’s the solution?
Lucky for us, we need not live with a displeasing smile all through our lives. Dentistry has advanced so much in terms of new treatment procedures and technology that a bad-looking smile can be transformed into an attractive one over just a few dental appointments. And to help you in this regard, the entire division of cosmetic dentistry at Healing Hands Dental is at your service. We can offer you excellent, customized solutions to cater to specific conditions that you wish to get treated.
What are your concerns?
- Missing teeth: Teeth need to be extracted when they are too badly damaged or decayed to be restored. In other cases, they may just fall off due to a deteriorated jawbone or unhealthy gums, which mostly occurs during old age. We can help you get back your lost teeth with our prosthetic teeth replacement solutions. If you opt for a simple one, dental bridges would be the right choice. They are strong, durable, and aesthetically pleasing. If you prefer a sturdier alternative, dental implants would be right for you. Implants are fixed to the jawbone by means of a metal stud, offering excellent strength and stability. If the number of missing teeth is more, we suggest you go for dentures.
- Damaged teeth: Though the enamel is the hardest substance in the human body, it is not immune to cracks or chipping. A hard blow to the mouth, sports-related injury or a bad fall can cause oral trauma. It can be quite painful if left untreated. We would assess the severity of the condition and suggest the right restorative option for you. Some of them are dental crowns, veneers, bonding, onlays, etc.
- Cavities: Cavities are quite common and are caused due to tartar deposition on the teeth surfaces. The eroded enamel can leave the tooth at risk of being extracted. Hence, we remove the decay, clean the cavity and fill it with a suitable filling material. To make your smile appear as natural as possible, we use customized tooth-colored fillings to match the shade of your teeth. In case the cavity is a large one, we may suggest an inlay to restore the tooth.
- Discoloration: Stained teeth can lead to a lot of embarrassment when you get mocked for them. In fact, seeing yellowish or brownish teeth when you look at yourself in the mirror is not something you’d like. We can help you get sparkling white teeth with our range of teeth whitening solutions. We use teeth whitening gel that contains Hydrogen Peroxide as it is highly effective in this regard.
- Malocclusion: Crooked teeth can make a huge negative impact on your overall appearance. Malocclusion is usually caused due to heredity, untimely falling off of milk teeth or troubled growth of the jaws. To get the alignment of the teeth right, we use orthodontic aligners such as dental braces and Invisalign.
If you have any other cosmetic dental concerns other than the mentioned ones, we can discuss them at the comfort of our dental practice. Just call us or schedule an online appointment and we’d be happy to help you.